Safety Information for Parents

This page is dedicated to answering some of the most commonly asked questions by parents and guardians.

  • What licenses do Adventure Expertise hold?

    We hold an AALS license which is a legal requirement for us when working with under -18’s.  We also hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge and AAIAC Adventure Mark.  All of our instructors have Enhanced CRB Checks.  For more details visit our Safety page.

  • Who will the instructors be and what qualifications do they hold?

    Please take a look at our instructor profiles on the About Us page. We will be there to meet you when you arrive at your course venue, and be with you right through to waving goodbye at the end. All instructors hold a minimum qualification of the Summer Mountain Leader Award or Rock Climbing Instructor award, dependant on the activity they’re delivering, and are personally known to Adventure Expertise. Cat and Andy Charlton direct Adventure Expertise and they are amongst the most highly qualified  instructors in the UK, holding the ML, ML(W), MIA, MIC and IML qualifications. Many instructors hold qualifications well above the minimum that we ask for (many holding the MIA) and have a broad base of outdoor experience to draw on.

  • Qualifications - what is an ML, ML(W), IML and MIA?

    These are National Governing Body Award qualifications from the Mountain Leader Training Board that recognise standards in outdoor instruction based on personal experience in addition to meeting the required standard of competency on assessment. Holders are required to undertake regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of their qualification.

    • ML – Summer Mountain Leader;
    • ML(W) – Winter Mountain Leader;
    • IML – International Mountain Leader;
    • MIA – Mountaineering Instructor Award;
    • MIC – Mountaineering Instructor Certificate.

    Please visit our Safety page for further details.

Need more information?

Contact us